Women of the Old Testament
Lectures featuring former students of Dr. Knight
Monday & Tuesday, October 28 & 29, 2019
Monday, October 28
- 7:00 pm, First Knight Lecture in Logsdon Chapel, Dr. Susan Pigott
- Reception following in Logsdon Reception Room
Tuesday, October 29
- 9:30 am, Second Knight Lecture in Behrens Chapel, Dr. Bob Ellis
- 12:00 noon, Third Knight Lecture in Logsdon Chapel, Dr. Meredith Stone
- Followed by lunch in the Johnson Building. RSVP is required for complimentary lunch to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Knight Lectures
The George Knight Lectures honor Dr. Knight, are held annually in the fall, and bring to campus noted biblical scholars to address themes promoting biblical scholarship in the church.
Dr. George W. Knight came to Hardin-Simmons University in 1976 from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary where he had served as instructor of New Testament and Greek. He was subsequently appointed as the first Cook-Derrick Chair of Bible and Greek at HSU. He established HSU’s archaeology program and led more than 20 archaeological expeditions to Israel and Greece, eventually becoming a field supervisor. He holds degrees from Louisiana College, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he received his PhD in 1973.
Dr. Knight distinguished himself in his commitment to teaching and scholarship and his contribution to the larger life of the University and of the community in which he lived. Dr. Knight retired from the HSU faculty in 2002.