Admission to the Doctor of Ministry Program
General Requirements for Admission
Applicants for admission to the DMin program at Logsdon Seminary must have completed a Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent from an ATS accredited institution. (Contact the DMin Director for information about MDiv equivalency.)
Admission to Logsdon Seminary is based upon a total evaluation of the following elements:
- Completion of ATS accredited MDiv degree or its equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) during graduate study (a lower GPA may be considered for provisional admission in light of other admission issues – consult with the DMin Director)
- Competitive score on the verbal section of the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or the MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
- Active engagement in vocational ministry through which the applicant is able to conduct meaningful research, participate in supervised ministry, and implement a ministry project
- Minimum of three years of significant ministry experience post-MDiv at the time of acceptance into the program (exceptions may be considered in some circumstances – consult with the DMin Director)
Full admission is granted to applicants who have met all admissions requirements in the judgment of the DMin Director and the DMin Committee.
Provisional admission may be granted to applicants who meet all criteria for full admission but has not scored satisfactorily on his/her GPA or standardized test scores.
A student accepted to the DMin program provisionally will be granted full admission by holding a GPA of 3.0 or better after the first year of his/her DMin program.